The Marion County Circuit Clerk's office issues Marriage Licenses for your special day. The information below will help you be prepared when you come to our office.
Requirement for a Marriage License
Both parties will have to be present at the same time to apply for a marriage license.
A fee of $37.00
Both parties must be at least 21 years of age. If under 21 you will need your parents or legal guardian to be present with you at the time of application. Parents will need to have a photo ID. All parties will have to be present at the same time if a minor is making application for a marriage license.
Both parties will need to provide proof of age such as a birth certificate, drivers’ license or a state issued ID card.
If either or both parties are recently divorced (within 6 months of date of application), a divorce decree must be provided.
After the marriage license has been issued, the applicants must make arrangements with a license minister or other officials with authority to perform marriage ceremonies.
Certified Copy of Marriage License
Anyone can request a certified copy of marriage license.
Requirements for a certified copy of Marriage License
- A fee of $17.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for an additional copy.
Copies must be purchased at the same time to receive a second copy for $6.00.
- If appearing in person, payment can be made by submitting cash, money order, certified check or personal check. Personal checks are only accepted on banks that are within the State of Mississippi.
- Request made by mail will have to be accompanied with a money order, certified check or personal check (on a bank within the State of Mississippi).
- The names of the applicant at the time they made application for marriage license. To expedite the request, please provide book and page number if available.
- If requesting in person, certified copies of marriage license can be obtained at the time service is rendered.